TOR for vacancies in the Public Procurement Secretariat
Hits: 901 20 Nov, 2016
The Public Procurement Commission, in keeping with Article 212Z (2) of the Constitution of Guyana, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacancies in the Public Procurement Commission Secretariat.
1. Chief Executive Officer (1)
Job Summary: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), under the direction and control of the Public Procurement Commission (PPC), manages plans and directs all operations of the Secretariat of the Commission and shall serve as Secretary and principal advisor to the Commission.
Qualifications and Experience:
Suitable candidates should possess a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field. At least 10 years’ experience in a senior administrative position managing multidisciplinary teams, crafting and implementing strategic plans as well as preparing and negotiating budgets.
Ideal candidate will possess proven leadership skills, strong decision making and analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal and problem solving skills.
1. Manage the day to day operations of the secretariat and direct the efforts of staff to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Prepare strategic plan and annual work programme of the Secretariat.
3. Manage the preparation of the Annual Budget of the Commission and negotiate its approval.
4. Identify, assess and inform the PPC on internal and external issues regarding public procurement of goods, works and services.
5. Attend meetings of public procurement entities as directed by the PPC
6. Attend all meetings of the Commission and prepare minutes and agenda based on guidance from the PPC.
7. Prepare the Annual Report and any special report on the activities of the Commission for submission to the National Assembly.
8. Prepare and present to the Commission monthly performance reports on the activities of the secretariat.
9. To appear, if required, before the Public Procurement Commission Tribunal to give evidence on matters relating to administrative reviews.
10. Manage the control and use of funds and resources of the secretariat.
11. Maintain proper financial records of the secretariat and produce annual financial statements.
12. Liaise with all procuring entities and relevant agencies to obtain information relevant to the mandate of the PPC.
13. Set reporting standards and reporting formats to be followed by the procuring entities.
14. Provide guidance to all procuring entities in respect of their compliance with the Procurement Act.
15. Provide appropriate training as well as public information regarding public procurement to suppliers, contractors, public bodies and other stakeholders.
16. Monitor and review legislation, policies, measures and practices regarding public procurement with a view to recommending appropriate changes.
17. To identify main trends and key issues affecting the effectiveness of government procurement undertaken by procuring entities.
18. Do all other things and acts as necessary for the effective functioning of the Commission.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework governing public procurement.
- Knowledge of the practices, operations and functions of constitutional and statutory agencies
2. Head Corporate Services
(1) Job Summary:
Head Corporate Services, under the direction and control of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Qualifications and Experience
Suitable candidates should possess a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Organisational Development or related field. At least 7 years experience in a senior administrative position with significant experience in capacity building, managing information and communication technology systems, and working with a wide range of external bodies, including statutory agencies/organizations.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Organisational Development or related field with at least ten (10) years in a senior management position.
Well-developed analytical skills and proven ability of setting and achieving strategic objectives through performance management. Ability to communicate effectively, negotiate and network through highly developed oral and presentation skills. Ability to lead, motivate individuals and teams within a dynamic organization.
1. Participate in the management of the secretariat and contribute to the preparation of the strategic plan.
2. Evaluate the performance of the secretariat against stated objectives, develop performance measures and provide feedback on performance.
3. Assist in the preparation of the Annual Report of the Commission.
4. Assist in the development, monitoring and management of the annual budget of the Commission.
5. Ensure the development and maintenance of an appropriate Management Information System.
6. Ensure an effective communication system is in place to inform all stakeholders of the activities of the Commission.
7. Ensure the implementation of appropriate disciplines and controls throughout the secretariat.
8. Promote public understanding of the policies, rules, and procedures governing public procurement to ensure effective implementation and wide acceptance.
9. Ensure that adequate training programmes are developed and implemented throughout the procuring entities.
10. Develop and implement policies and programmes for the provision of cost effective, high quality corporate services which meet the Commission’s policy objectives.
11. Ensure the provision of sound and timely advice on all Information Technology (IT), Human Resource (HR) and public communications matters.
12. Do all other things and acts as necessary for the effective functioning of the Commission
3. Head Operations(1)
Head Operations, under the direction and control of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Qualifications and Experience Suitable candidates should possess a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Law, Accounting or related field. At least 7 years in a senior management position with experience in developing and implementing monitoring systems, administrative and legislative review and policy formulation.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Law, Accounting or related field with at least ten (10) years in a senior management position.
Ideal candidate will possess proven leadership skills, strong decision making and analytical skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to lead, motivate individuals and teams within a dynamic organization.
1. Utilize knowledge of best practices of supply chain management to design, implement, and manage systems to monitor and investigate procurement practices of procuring entities.
2. Make recommendations to the procuring entities for effective compliance with legislation and regulations.
3. Conduct research on best practices and recommend changes to the legislation and regulation that would improve procurement practices.
4. Plan and organize staff to manage procurement system of the Commission. Manage and monitor the performance of the procurement staff.
5. Establish policies and procedures and lead initiatives such as cost reduction, strategic sourcing, compliance with spending limits, departmental matrix and reporting within the Commission and for all procuring entities.
6. Review and make recommendations regarding the adequacy of the forms and documents for procurement, including: standard bidding documents, prequalification documents, contracts, evaluation forms, and procurement manuals, guidelines, and procedure.
7. Manage the process to review and address complaints received by the Commission.
8. Ensure the provision of sound and timely advice on all financial, audit, compliance, and legal matters.
9. Manage the process regarding debarment proceedings adjudicated by the Commission.
10. Do all other things and acts as necessary for the effective functioning of the Commission A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package will be offered to all successful candidates.
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package will be offered to all successful candidates.
Recent Press Releases...
Commonwealth Day Activities 2018
12 Mar, 2018 / 299
9th Commonwealth Youth Parliament inspires future young leaders from across the Commonwealth
08 Mar, 2018 / 232
Happy International Women’s Day 2018
08 Mar, 2018 / 242