Accountant - Public Procurement Commission (PPC)
Hits: 328 27 Jan, 2017
REPORTS TO: Head, Corporate Services
AGENCY: Public Procurement Commission (PPC)
PURPOSE: To manage accounting activities within the PPC in accordance with the Financial and Audit Act and Financial Regulations.
- Preparation and submission of financial reports, statements and accounts as required and the processing of prompt payments of salaries and for goods and services.
- To Co-ordinate and liaise with relevant government agencies on a regular basis to ensure that all financial needs are fully met.
- To check all financial records, statements and accounts for accuracy and proper maintenance of financial records.
- To review accounting procedures and systems to ensure adherence to financial regulations principles, policies and control.
- To manage the activities of the Accounting staff to ensure that deadlines are kept and all financial records, statements and reports are submitted on time
- To ensure accurate and timely payments.
- To answer audit queries and respond to various correspondences related to finances on a timely basis to resolve queries.
- To supervise staff to ensure that their work is satisfactory and performance levels are sustained.
- To coach, mentor and train Accounting staff to improve their current performance and to maximise their personal and professional potential.
- To perform any other related duties for the smooth functioning of the PPC.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy from a recognised University PLUS three (3) years’ experience as an Accountant within the public service or public service and a good performance record.
- Diploma in Accountancy from a recognised Institution PLUS five (5) years’ experience, of which three (3) should be at the level of an Accountant within the public service or public service and a good performance record.
- Successful completion of:-
Part I, II and III of ACCA (Certified Accountant) or IAI (International Accountant) or the CMA (Cost and Management Accountant).
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS:
- The incumbent should be able to decide on the delegation and distribution of workload. Problem Solving is routine and operational.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: The incumbent supervises the Accounting staff of the PPC. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with accounting personnel and other staff on all relevant matters.