Accounting Assistant - Public Procurement Commission (PPC)
Hits: 495 27 Jan, 2017
REPORTS TO: Accountant
AGENCY: Public Procurement Commission (PPC)
PURPOSE: To conduct financial duties in accordance with the Financial and Audit Act and Financial Regulations.
- Prompt and accurate payments.
- Proper Record Keeping of Accounts.
LIST OF DUTIES:
- To maintain a Contracts register.
- To compile returns of unused receipts.
- To record utilities accounts.
- To maintain withdrawals from consolidated Fund and Remittance Registers.
- To maintain salary register and prepare salary pay sheets.
- To prepare pay lists.
- To maintain PAYE register for employees.
- To prepare vouchers for contract gratuity.
- To operate ordinary imprest.
- To maintain allocation registers and summary Financial Returns.
- To maintain vote account ledger.
- To prepare bank reconciliations.
- To compile monthly financial reports.
- To maintain deposit accounts
- To prepare journal vouchers and pay list.
- To write up control forms register.
- To maintain register of contributions to National Insurance Scheme (NIS)
- To perform any other related duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Accounting from a recognized university.
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) Level III
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS:
- Decision making is minimal; all decisions are made by supervisor. Impact on result can be measured by prompt payments and properly kept Accounting Records.
- The job holder is not a Supervisor or a budget holder, but he/she is responsible for the records in his/her possession.
The job holder must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the General Public.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment.