Attorney-at-Law - Parliamentary Standing Committee on Appointments
Hits: 2149 03 Feb, 2017
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Appointments, acting in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) (Amendment) Act 2015, Section 6, invitesapplications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of an Attorney-at-Law in the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
Qualifications and Experience
Suitable candidates should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law plusLegal Education Certificate (LEC); must be admitted to practice in the Courts of Guyana with at least three (3) years’ experience; and must have experience in areas of criminal, civil and international law (See Section 6 of Subclause 4(b) of the AML/CFT (Amendment) Act 2015).
• Knowledge of the AML/CFT legislation;
• Technical understanding of the FATF Recommendations as well as the FATF Methodology for Assessing Technical Compliance with the FATF Recommendations and the Effectiveness of AML/CFT Systems;
• Excellent interpersonal communication at all levels;
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
• Ability to accomplish deadlines;
• Ability to cope with high levels of responsibility and maintain confidentiality;
• Computer literacy; and
• Must be a team player.
Due to the confidential nature of the position and the security concerns, both locally and internationally, applicants must be persons of integrity and must be willing to be subjected to due diligence background checks by the Committee.
For detailed Terms of Reference for this position, please contact theCommittees Division at the Parliament Office, Public Buildings, Brickdam, Stabroek, Georgetown or visit our website http://www.parliament.gov.gy.
Application with detailed curriculum vitae should be submitted not later than February 13, 2017. Applications should be clearly marked "Application for Attorney-at-Law-Financial Intelligence UnitVacancy”, as necessary, and be addressed to:
Clerk of the National Assembly
Parliament Office of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana
Georgetown or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org