ENGINEER - Public Procurement Commission
Hits: 461 27 Jan, 2017
REPORTS TO: Head, Operations
AGENCY: Public Procurement Commission (PPC)
PURPOSE: To ensure that the execution of all works financed by the government is done to specification and in accordance with the procurement legislation.
- Jobs done to specification, hence quality control.
- First line communication to controlling officer to facilitate decision-making.
- Ready information regarding status of Projects/jobs.
- Effective use of personnel and materials in procurement contract.
- Review designs of structures, highways and other civil engineering facilities regarding works financed by the government.
- Represent the PPC to ensure the execution of construction and maintenance of works financed by the government in accordance with design and specifications.
- Check the quality of such works, quality of materials and the accuracy of lay-outs.
- Examine and review project designs for engineering deficiencies.
- Ensure adequacy of records on procurement projects by agencies consistent with procurement contracts.
- Review contractors’ payments to ensure consistency with payment schedules of contracts.
- To perform any other related duties for the smooth functioning of the PPC.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering PLUS five (5) years’ experience as an Engineer.
The job holder regularly communicates with Head Operations of PPC as required.