The Registry Department comprises of the Supervisor, three (3) Typist Clerks, one (1) Telephonist, five (5) Office Assistants and three (3) Vehicle Drivers.
This department is responsible for providing services to the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly, Members of Parliament, Parliament staff and members of the public. The staff of this department is required to be present during sittings of the National Assembly.
The functions of the Department are:-
• Typing of correspondences for the office;
• Compiling and filing of all general and personal files for the office;
• Photocopying of documents for the office;
• Receiving all incoming and dispatching all outgoing correspondences;
• The Office Assistants perform the role of Parliamentary Attendants during Sittings of the National Assembly and Meetings of Parliamentary Committees;
• Provides transportation for use by the staff of the office.