The Security and Maintenance Section is responsible for the maintenance, cleaning and internal security of the Public Buildings.
The Section is managed by the Sergeant-of-Arms who is responsible for performing ceremonial duties during Sittings of the National Assembly and plays an important role in the general maintenance, cleaning and internal security of the Parliament Office.
Responsibilities of the Sergeant-of-Arms:
• Prepares the Parliament Chamber, Lobby and Committee Room for Sittings of the National Assembly and Official Visits.
• Precedes the Speaker, bearing the Mace; announces the Speaker to the Members of Parliament and performs the related procedural functions during Sittings of the National Assembly.
• Taking full responsibility for all security measures.
• Keeps inventory record of the Parliament Office.
• Supervises the Charwomen in regard to the cleaning of the Parliament Office.
• Arranges with the Clerk/Deputy Clerk for maintenance works to be carried out to furniture, building and compound.