The Committee of Selection convened their 2nd meeting to elect Chairpersons and Vice-Chairpersons for the various Parliamentary Standing Committees.
The Committee met, after the 15th Sitting of the National Assembly of the Twelfth Parliament, in the Dome of the Arthur Chung Conference Centre on Monday 28th December 2020.
The Committee of Selection is chaired by the Hon.
Chairpersons selected to various Standing Committees are as follows
- Public Accounts Committee
Mr. David Patterson, M.P.
- Committee on Appointments
Hon. Gail Teixeira, M.P., Minister of Parliamentary Affairs and Governance and Chief Whip
- Parliamentary Oversight Committee on the Security Sector
Hon. Brigadier (Ret’d) Mark Phillips, M.S.S., M.P., Prime Minister
- Parliamentary Standing Committee for Constitutional Reform
Hon. Mohabir Anil Nandlall, S.C., M.P., Attorney General and Minister of Legal Affairs
Chair and Vice Chairpersons for the four Sectorial Committees are as follows:
- Parliamentary Sectorial Committee on Economic Services
Chairperson: Mr. Shurwayne F.K. Holder, M.P.
Vice Chair: Hon. Bishop Juan A. Edghill, M.S., J.P., M.P., Minister of Public Works
- Parliamentary Sectorial Committee on Social Services
Chairperson: Hon. Dr. Vindhya Persaud, M.S., M.P., Minister of Human Services and Social Security
Vice Chairperson: Dr. Karen Cummings, M.P.
- Parliamentary Sectorial Committee on Foreign Relations
Chairperson: Mr. Raphael Trotman, M.P.
Vice Chairperson: Hon. Hugh Todd, M.P., Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Parliamentary Sectorial Committee on Natural Resources
Chairperson: Hon. Vickram Outar Bharrat, M.P., Minister of Natural Resources
Vice Chairperson: Ms. Dawn Hastings-Williams, M.P.
The Meeting was chaired virtually by the Hon. Mr. Manzoor Nadir, M.P., Speaker of the National Assembly.